I can hardly believe it’s already summer! We spent Memorial Day Weekend in Nassau with the grandparents – more on that later. And in eight short weeks, it will be back to the daily grind of the work/school cycle. To ensure we make the most of this time, I created a family bucket list. Drum roll, please…
1. Major beach/pool time
2. Participate in the local library’s Summer Reading Program.
3. Visit someplace new.
The DH and I will enjoy a couple’s getaway in Boston this weekend, but we have a family trip to Hilton Head, SC planned for the 4th July weekend.
4. Watch the 4th July fireworks.
5. Go to an outdoor concert or movie.
6. Plan a picnic and feed the ducks.
There is a large pond in a neighboring city that is usually teeming with ducks that’s been on my radar for a while.
7. Go on a nature hike.
8. Play more card and board games.
9. Put out hummingbird feeders.
I bought this one on Amazon recently and am curious to see if its truly leak and spill proof.
10. Make a meal from our garden.
We planted squash, tomatoes, bell peppers, straw berries, and have two small blueberry bushes. I think I’ll add a few aromatic herbs to the mix as well.
11. Plan our Thanksgiving trip.
We’re headed to Washington, D.C.!
12. Go to a swim meet.
13. Work on arts and crafts projects with the kids.
14. Clean and organize the garage.
15. Expand front flower bed.
Want to know which constellations can be seen in the northern hemisphere in summer? Click here.
17. Run through sprinklers.
18. Go for a bike ride.
19. Deliver a home cooked meal to an elderly friend.
20. Have a family movie night.
21. Donate to an animal shelter.
22. Visit Sno Dash.
We love their rolled ice cream!
23. Try a new food.
24. Stay in our pajamas all day.
25. Belly flop on balloons in the trampoline.
I’m confident we’ll do all these things and more. What’s on your summer bucket list?
As a full-service travel agent, I would love to be of assistance to you. I am passionate about what I do and pour that energy into crafting perfectly planned itineraries for you. Email email@example.com to learn more.