I have never been more excited for a meal at Disney. Crystal Palace was NOT one of my favorite dining options pre-COVID. Don’t get me wrong. The service, ambiance, and décor were top notch, but the food was just OK. The appeal lay in being able to meet Pooh and Friends.
How stinkin’ cute are these little faces from 2014?!
When the restaurant reopened, there were significant changes:
- No longer a character dining experience
- The self-serve buffet format changed to a family-style buffet
- The menu was revamped. It had me at fried chicken!
Your party is announced at the front door with the greeting, “Welcome the X Family!” Inside, you’re sweetly reminded that every day is Friendship Day at Crystal Palace. I thought the topiaries are a nice nod to the former characters that entertained guests here before.
Inside is just as charming as before with its Victorian décor, and glass atrium.
Starters consist of a Seasonal Salad or Home-style Cornbread Muffin or Cheddar-bacon Cornbread Muffin. Entrée choices are Crispy-fried chicken, Brown Sugar-glazed Bone-In Pork Chop, Fire-roasted Prime Rib of Beef, Blackened Catfish and Shrimp, or Southern-fried Cauliflower. Shared Desserts include Family Style Dessert Platter, or Strawberry Shortcake.
I cannot even begin to describe how truly delicious this entire meal was! It was like Disney recruited an assembly line of southern grandmas who are using tried and true family recipes that have been passed on from generation to generation.
Here’s Jillian to share all the details about her favorite dessert(s)!
Things to Note
- Advanced Dining Reservations are required. This is a service I provide to all of my clients.
- As a family-style buffet, it is all you can eat. However, you cannot substitute entrees with subsequent servings.
- As of the date of this post, the Disney Dining Plan is not reinstated.
Buy my Toy Story shirt here! Affiliate link used.
As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner and lover of all things Disney, I would be honored for the opportunity to plan your visit to the Happiest Place on Earth! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.