When my kids were little, crafting was one of our favorite pastimes! They’re much too old to be enticed by this now, but many of you have kiddos the perfect age to appreciate this activity.
If you’ve seen the movie of the same name, you know that Moana loves the world around her and is chosen by the ocean to reunite the goddess Te Fiti with a mystical relic in order to save her people. So who better to inspire this fun, coffee filter Earth project in celebration of Earth Day?!
- Coffee Filters
- Washable Markers
- Glue Stick
- Gallon Size Zipper Bag OR Metal Baking Sheet Pan
- Water Spray Bottle
- Printable Backdrop
- Download and print the free printable background. Color it in if you like!
- Flatten your coffee filter.
- Using the pencil, draw your Earth with the continents and oceans and color them in with washable markers.
- Place the colored coffee filters on a gallon size zipper bag or metal baking sheet pan and then mist with a water spray bottle until you achieve a tie-dye look.
- Set them aside for a few minutes to dry.
- Once dry, apply glue to the back of your earth shape and place it in the center of the Moana printed background.
- Feel free to add a heart or fun shape to decorate!
Be sure to share your Earth and tag @DisneyOnIce!
About Earth Day
Earth Day is an initiative designed to build awareness about the dangers of climate change, and provide resources to combat it. It is celebrated annually on April 22.
Affiliate link used.
As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner and lover of all things Disney, I would be honored for the opportunity to plan your visit to the Happiest Place on Earth! Email email@example.com to learn more.