I’m popping in to share all the exciting news Disney and Universal released recently.
Let’s start with the Disney Wish that sets sail next summer. Booking starts May 17th for Platinum Castaway Club Members, and opens to the public May 27th!
Cinderella Castle received her final adornments when the final turret caps were added in preparation for Disney’s World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, which kicks off October 1st.
And in other news:
- Effective May 15th, the face covering policy has been relaxed outdoors, still required upon entering and throughout all attractions, theaters and transportation.
- The social distancing rule has been relaxed from 6′ to 3′, following updates to the Orange Co mandates.
- Temperature screenings end May 16th!
- Maskless photos are back, when outdoors and socially distanced.
- Park Capacity has been increased! Lots of openings throughout the end of May and into June!!
Disney After Hours Boo Bash will take place on select nights, Aug. 10 – Oct. 31, from 9 p.m. to midnight. Spooky festivities will include Halloween-themed cavalcades, character sightings throughout the park, special performances by the Cadaver Dans, décor, lighting, music, treat stops with plenty of candy and so much more! Tickets will be available next month.
Sip and savor your way through a variety of delicious global marketplaces in a fun and flavor-filled celebration of worldly cuisines, music and more. All at the EPCOT® International Food & Wine Festival.
Over at Universal Orlando, Velocicoaster arrives June 10th! A soft opening last weekend was met with rave reviews! #yearoftheraptor
Universal Orlando was the first to announce a mask policy update, which also takes effect May 15th:
- Face coverings are not mandatory while outdoors.
- Face coverings are still required in all indoor locations including shops and restaurants.
- Face coverings are required at all attractions—from the moment the queue begins until the exit of the experience.
- Guests must still provide their own face covering.
- Social Distancing between travel parties remains at three feet.
***Update 5/29/2001, Universal Orlando Resort updated their Face Covering Policy, making them optional indoors or out for fully-vaccinated guests.***
Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites is scheduled to reopen May 26th!
Hope you entered the Walt Disney World vacation giveaway! The winner will be announced May 19th!
Have a great weekend!
As a full-service travel agent, I would love to be of assistance to you. I am passionate about what I do and pour that energy into crafting perfectly planned itineraries for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.