With a month until our Disney World Thanksgiving trip, and Disney withdrawal setting in, I needed a magical fix to tide me over. That’s when the idea for a Mickey pumpkin was born. It is so easy, and would make a super cute DIY Halloween project to do with the littles.
- Dollar Tree foam pumpkin
- Dollar Tree round chalkboard tags
- Red, black, and white craft paint
- Quality paintbrushes
- Small branch
- School glue stick
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Remove stem from pumpkin.
- Freehand a pencil line, dividing the pumpkin in half.
- Paint the bottom half red, and the upper half black
- Paint white circles on the bottom half. You can use a round foam applicator, or freehand.
- Cut a pumpkin stem from your branch, paint it black, and glue to the top of the pumpkin.
- Glue two chalkboard tags together to make them firmer. (I used a school glue stick for this part as I didn’t want to apply hot glue to thickly and have ridges in the ears.)
- Notch the chalkboard tag so that it fits snug against the pumpkin. Start with tiny notches and increase the size as needed.
- Hot glue ears on the pumpkin.
- Have way too much fun styling your new Mickey pumpkin!
As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner and lover of all things Disney, I would be honored for the opportunity to plan your visit to the Happiest Place on Earth! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.