With a month until our Disney World Thanksgiving trip, and Disney withdrawal setting in, I needed a magical fix to tide me over. That’s when the idea for a Mickey pumpkin was born. It is so easy, and would make a super cute DIY Halloween project to do with the littles.
- Dollar Tree foam pumpkin
- Dollar Tree round chalkboard tags
- Red, black, and white craft paint
- Quality paintbrushes
- Small branch
- School glue stick
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Remove stem from pumpkin.
- Freehand a pencil line, dividing the pumpkin in half.
- Paint the bottom half red, and the upper half black
- Paint white circles on the bottom half. You can use a round foam applicator, or freehand.
- Cut a pumpkin stem from your branch, paint it black, and glue to the top of the pumpkin.
- Glue two chalkboard tags together to make them firmer. (I used a school glue stick for this part as I didn’t want to apply hot glue to thickly and have ridges in the ears.)
- Notch the chalkboard tag so that it fits snug against the pumpkin. Start with tiny notches and increase the size as needed.
- Hot glue ears on the pumpkin.
- Have way too much fun styling your new Mickey pumpkin!
As an Authorized Disney Vacation planner, and lover of all things Disney, let me help you plan your next adventure to the happiest place on earth!